Your safety during the COVID-19 pandemic
Our boats haven't changed, but our way of working has.
We’ve made some changes to our services so that you can continue to enjoy boat hire on Lake Windermere during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We need your help and understanding to keep you, our staff, and our boats safe.
Staggered departures - booked online
- Our online booking keeps boat departures nicely spaced apart.
- No more queues and great for social-distancing.
Click & Collect - until 12 April
- All our boats are available on a 'click & collect' basis - book an arrival time online
- It would help if you could watch the welcome video before arrival
Online Safety Briefing
Everyone hiring a boat gets a full safety briefing, but you can now watch this online before arrival. Speed up departure and click & collect your boat, whilst keeping contactless.
No offence, but we're keeping our distance
- All our staff will be keeping their distance to maintain social-distancing.
- Don't worry though - if you need us once out on the water, we'll be there within minutes.
Maximum 6 persons in a group
- We're following the UK Government's 'rule of six'.
- Which is handy as that is the maximum amount of people allowed on all our hire boats.
- One household/social bubble are only allowed on board
- Our boats will be cleaner than ever with enhanced cleaning from our crew.
- Each boat is thoroughly cleaned after every hire
Windermere Lake Cruises and our self-drive hire team have all received the 'Good to Go' status for safety during the COVID-19 outbreak.