Full Lake (with allocated seating)
See the full length of Lake Windermere from Ambleside in the north to Lakeside in the south.
Book this ticket online for up to Sun 18 July 2021 (inclusive)
Lakeside ↔ via Bowness ↔ Ambleside (Waterhead) | See route map below
🕘 85 minutes (1hour 25mins) each way to do full length of the lake (Lakeside ⇌ Ambleside (Waterhead))
- Board at any pier - Ambleside (Waterhead), Bowness or Lakeside and complete a full circuit of Lake Windermere
- Your ticket allows you get off at any pier and get a later boat back. Alternatively stay on board the same boat for a 2.5 hour return journey.
- Each journey includes a fascinating commentary on the history, attractions and points of interest surrounding Windermere.
- During COVID-19 we have the following measures in place: ✔️ online booking only ✔️ Social distancing ✔️ ticketed seating ✔️ enhanced cleaning | Find out more
How to Book
- When booking pick each leg of your journey between 2 piers (see map below).
- Follow the steps on our booking system - book 4 legs to complete your full lake journey.
- When booking each leg, pick the first departure time shown to remain on the same boat.
- e.g For a return route from Ambleside, book Ambleside to Bowness (D), Bowness to Lakeside (A), Lakeside to Bowness (B), Bowness to Ambleside (C)
- e.g. For a return route from Bowness (north first), book Bowness to Ambleside (D), Ambleside to Bowness (C), Bowness to Lakeside (B) and Lakeside to Bowness (A)
To keep everyone safe on board and to maintain a good distance between all customers, our boats have ticketed seating.
- Choose from either a single or return journey from either Bowness or Lakeside
- You must book a seat for the outward and return legs of your journey
- Infants (under 3s) who don't need a seat (who can travel on a parents knee) can travel for free.
On the boat
- Choose between indoor or outdoor seating when booking. Your colour-coded seat will be allocated to you and clearly marked on your e-ticket.
- Coloured seating zones and our friendly staff will guide you to your seats when boarding the boat.
- Every person on board needs a seat (except under 3s who sit on a parents knee).
- On steamer & MV Swift services, some outdoor seats are under cover with sides on the vessel, some are not. Sorry, you can't pick which seats you get when selecting outdoor seats.
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 27th March 2021 until Sunday 31st October 2021)
- Prices below are return fares