Lakeside Circular Cruise & Steam Train with Social Distancing
More space to enjoy a steam train & cruise through the Lake District
Haverthwaite → 🚂 → Lakeside → 🚢→ Lakeside → 🚂 →Haverthwaite | See route map below
🕘 2 ½ hours in total for both steam train and cruise
- Start your journey at Haverthwaite Railway Station and travel on the historic train to Lakeside Pier (20 mins) to connect with your cruise.
- Your 1-hour circular cruise has stunning views with a fascinating commentary on the history, attractions and points of interest on the lake-shore.
- This is a special cruise during COVID-19 ✔️ online booking only ✔️ Social distancing ✔️ ticketed seating ✔️ enhanced cleaning | Find out more
🚢 The cruise will take place on 'steamer' MV Teal.
How to book
Please select a boat departure below in the 'Book Your Cruise' box below. You will need to get an earlier train from Haverthwaite to connect to that circular cruise:
To keep everyone safe on board and to maintain a good distance between all customers this train ride & cruise will have ticketed seating.
On the boat
- Choose between indoor or outdoor seating when booking. Your colour-coded seat will be allocated to you and clearly marked on your e-ticket.
- Coloured seating zones and our friendly staff will guide you to your seats when boarding the boat.
- Children under 5 who can sit on parents knees can travel free.
On the train
- Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway will contact you separately via email with your train carriage/seat information.
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 4th April 2020 until Thursday 1st October 2020)
- 🐕 Well-behaved dogs travel free (please keep them close to you at all times)
- 🚳 Sorry, no bikes allowed on these special cruises
- 👱🏻♂️ Sorry, no Local Resident Card / discount cards can be used on these special cruises
- 😷 UK Law means you must wear a face covering on this cruise
- 🛒 Buy online & get over £40 worth of discount vouchers to use at local businesses.
- ♿ Sorry, our modern launches on this service are not wheelchair accessible. Please try a Bowness or Lakeside steamer departure instead.