Red Service inc Brockhole (with allocated seating)
A special red service that calls into Brockhole-on-Windermere between Bowness & Ambleside
Book online for up to Sun 18 July 2021 (inclusive) | Later dates added soon.
🚫 Don't need to travel to/from Brockhole? Standard Red service goes Bowness ↔ Ambleside Waterhead direct
Bowness → Brockhole → Ambleside (Waterhead) → Bowness | See map below
🕘 35 minutes each way between Bowness & Ambleside (Waterhead)
- Board at Ambleside (Waterhead), Bowness or Brockhole and return on a later boat. Your ticket allows you get off and get a later boat back.
- Each journey includes a fascinating commentary on the history, attractions and points of interest surrounding Windermere.
- Brockhole Pier is 5 minute's walk from Brockhole on Windermere - Visitor Centre/walks/Family activities & TreetopTrek
- During COVID-19 we have the following measures in place: ✔️ online booking only ✔️ Social distancing ✔️ ticketed seating ✔️ enhanced cleaning | Find out more
To keep everyone safe on board and to maintain a good distance between all customers, all our boats have ticketed seating.
- Choose from either a single or return journey from either Bowness or Ambleside.
- You must book a seat for the outward and return legs of your journey for everyone in your group.
- Infants (under 3s) who don't need a seat (who can travel on a parents knee) can travel for free.
On the boat
- Choose between indoor or outdoor seating when booking. Your colour-coded seat will be allocated to you and clearly marked on your e-ticket.
- Coloured seating zones and our friendly staff will guide you to your seats when boarding the boat.
- Every person on board needs a seat (except under 3s who sit on a parents knee).
- On steamer & MV Swift services, some outdoor seats are under cover with sides on the vessel, some are not. Sorry, you can't pick which seats you get when selecting outdoor seats.
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 27th March 2021 until Sunday 31st October 2021)
- Prices below are return fares