Sunset Photograph Competition
To celebrate the longest day, 21 June 2015, we're launching a new photography competition to find some special summer sunsets.
Running from the summer solstice for one month (Sunday 21 June-Monday 20 July), we're asking people to submit their own photos of Windermere as the sun goes down. That might include a sunset image from a famous viewpoint like Orrest Head, a moody shot looking back towards the Langdale Pikes, or a silhouette of a boat out on the water to name just a few.
If you're stuck for inspiration, why not jump on board an Evening Cruise and making the most of Mother Nature’s canvas from the open deck of a ‘modern launch’. These early evening sailings last 75 minutes and are timed to co-incide with the twilight hours. Running throughout the summer to late August, they sail from Bowness to wherever the sun sets best. A selection of images from these cruises is included in our gallery section.
How to enter
Entries can be shared via social media, including:
- On Twitter, mentioning @Windermereboats
- Post to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/windermerelakecruises
- On Instagram by tagging #windermerelakecruises
Alternatively, people can email their competition entries to email@example.com
The winning photograph will be judged by a team of local photo enthusiasts and will receive a Family Freedom of the Lake pass (available to use at any time of day!)
1. The winner will be picked by our panel of judges on Tuesday 21 July and notified that week.
2. The decision of the panel of judges is final.
3. The winner will receive a Family Freedom of the Lake ticket that can be can be exchanged for cruise tickets any time until November 2015.
4. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be re-sold.
5. All submissions to the competition will give their permission for their photos to be re-distributed via our social/digital media channels (with full credit given) - Twitter/Facebook/Google+/Instagram/Website