Travel by boat to the Children's Book Festival at Wray Castle
Wray Castle, 4-5 March 2017
Back by popular demand for a second year, celebrate World Book Day weekend at the Wray Castle Children’s Book Festival on the shores of Windermere.
Once again, a special 'Book Boat' will ferry festival-goers from Bowness Pier to the main event at Wray Castle. The 30-minute journey across Windermere offers stunning views across the Lakeland Fells from our heated indoor cabin or outer viewing decks. It's sure to be a magical way to start and end your festival experience.
The boat departs 9am from Bowness Pier to Wray Castle. With a return sailing at 4.30pm (additional return sailing at 2.40pm with limited space) on both Saturday and Sunday. All people sailing must have already purchased a day ticket for the Book Festival, valid for that day. You'll be asked to show this before you board the boat in Bowness. You cannot buy tickets on the door at the castle.
How to book
- Book your place on the Book Boat via the National Trust website.
- Wray Castle is a 5-10 minute walk uphill on a gravel path from Wray Castle Pier
- There are lots of car parking spaces minutes from Bowness Pier, many are free, for more information see here.
- For more information about the Children's Book Festival, download a programme here or visit the website (external link)
- Download the official Children's Book Festival Programme
- Download and display an A4 poster (PDF 1.5Mb)
* Thanks to The National Trust and illustrators Joe Berger, Ross Colins, Jo Empsom, Peter Horacek, Sarah Horne, Jim Kay, Steven Lenton, Alison Limetani, Jamie Littler, Axel Scheffer, Ed Vere, Yuval Zommer, Beatrix Potter © Frederck Warne & Co. 2017 .Designed by Charles Watkins.
© National Trust 2017. The National Trust is a registered charity no. 205846.