Food & Drink
We cater for all types of private events from business meetings, networking events and even Christmas parties!
We suggest that you use our recommended caterers to supply the food for your event, as they understand the complexities of catering on a boat. We recommend The Old Mill at Bardsea (also known as the Farmshop at Baycliffe), who come with very reliable reputations. They have both put together different delicious menus to try and accommodate everyone’s requirements (please find below). They can be flexible with some of the food options available, however have used popular ideas to compile ideal menus for different types of people and occasions.
If you do choose to use your own company for catering then we require them to staff the event, provide a copy of their public liability insurance certificate and it will also incur a small surcharge.
You can only provide your own wine/Champagne for welcome drink purposes and this incurs a small corkage charge. We will however store, chill (if required), pour and provide glasses for the first drink ready for you and your guests boarding.
You can supply your own food and drink at no extra charge on the Traditional Wooden Launches, as these are not licensed vessels. Modern Launches and steamers are licensed so supplying your own refreshments incurs a surcharge and paid corkage will also be required.
CAPTAINS CUMBRIAN TREAT
- Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimp Tartlet
- Homemade Cumberland Sausage with Hawkshead Relish
- Our Guiness Black Pudding with wholegrain mustard dip
- Piri Piri spiced Cumbrian Chicken Strips
- Individual Egg Mayonnaise with smoked bacon & spring onions
- Pork Chipolatas with honey mustard glaze
- Home roasted beef rolls with horseradish cream
- Smoked trout pate on melba toast
- Selection of sandwiches with fillings of Lake District cheese savoury, our home roasted ham and Cumbrian turkey with sage and onion stuffing
- Selection of our Quiches –Using Lake District cheeses, and seasonal vegetables
- Pork & Apple Pie
HOT CUMBRIAN FAVOURITES
PIE & PEAS
- Individual Meat and Potato or Cheese Savoury Pies served with real mushy peas, mince and onion gravy, and a selection of pickles –onions,red cabbage and sliced beetroot.
- Traditional lamb hotpot made with or without our homemade black pudding, or vegetarian cheese hotpot served with a selection of pickles including sliced beetroot, red cabbage and onions.
PULLED PORK BUNS
1.Traditional style pulled pork served with Bramley apple sauce/sage and onion stuffing.
2.Marinated in our own BBQ spicy marinade
- Both served in bread rolls and accompanied by crunchy coleslaw, crispy leaves,and new potato, spring onion and chive salad.
To see the full range of menus on offer, please see our menu pack (PDF)
More Information & Booking
To discuss your catering requirements and to make a booking, please call us on 015394 42600 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org