Full Steam Ahead
Travel by boat & steam train to the newly re-opened museum on the shores of Lake Windermere.
This package includes:
- One way journey on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Steam Railway
- One way half-lake cruise on Windermere - Yellow Cruise
(Lakeside to Bowness or Bowness to Lakeside) 40 minutes in duration.
Return journeys or full lake cruises are also available.
- One way cruise from Bowness to Windermere Jetty - Red Cruise
- A visit to Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories
- See our recommended itinerary.
More information about this package
About your Yellow Cruise on Lake Windermere
- 40 minute ride on historic 'Steamer' vessel (from Bowness to Lakeside or Lakeside to Bowness).
- Full bar facilities on board serving hot drinks, alcohol and soft drinks and snacks.
- Inside and outside seating with stunning views over the Lakeland Fells
- Toilet facilities on board
- Free coach parking at Bowness Pier, Lakeside Pier or Haverthwaite Railway Station
- 90 minute return cruise option also available
About the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway
- Steam locomotives pull traditional 1950’s carriages through stunning Lakeland scenery
- 20 minute single train journey (Lakeside to Haverthwaite or Haverthwaite to Lakeside)
- Licensed restaurant at Haverthwaite Station
- Explore the engine sheds and woodland trail at Haverthwaite Station
- Children's play area
- Lakeside Station is a 1 minute walk from Lakeside pier
- Trains wait for connecting boats and boats wait for connecting trains
About your Red Cruise on Lake Windermere
- Board your modern launch from Bowness for the brief 10 minute journey to Windermere Jetty Museum
- Stunning views from the heated inner and outer viewing decks
- Facilities on board include toilets and small cafe/bar
About Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories
- A spectacular new museum on the shores of Windermere showcases the sights, smells and sounds of life on the lake.
- Steam launches, sailing yachts, motor boats and record-breaking speed boats are exhibited in the boathouse, on the water, and in the exhibition galleries.
- Live conservation workshop open every day – see the collection of historic boats painstakingly restored
- Our boats arrive directly outside the museum and the pier is a 1 minute walk from the museum entrance
- Lakeside cafe with spectacular views
Prices (Valid until March 2020)
Prices for this group package (20+ people) are as follows:
How to book
- One call books it all!
- Book your group of 20 or more at all three attractions by calling us on 015394 43360 or click on live chat below.
- No obligation or payment required when booking, simply pay on the day you arrive.
Practical Information for Tour/Group Leaders
See our practical information page for information on coach parking, toilets, facilities and more.
This package for groups can be done in any order, but for ease, we'd recommend:
- 🚌 Coach drop-off at Haverthwaite Station
- 🚂 Take steam train to Lakeside
- 🚢Take boat to Bowness (yellow cruise)
- 🚢 Take boat to Windermere Jetty Museum (red cruise)
- 🏛 Visit museum
- 🚌 Coach pick-up from outside musuem