Windermere Lake Cruises set sail for ‘ultimate travel trade event of 2013’
Published: 17th January 2013
Windermere Lake Cruises will be showcasing a range of value for money, family days out at BOBI (Best of Britain and Ireland) 2013.
We will be at the Birmingham’s NEC, 13-14 March 2013, for the event alongside a number of other key Cumbrian attractions such as the Lakeland Motor Museum.
According to official VisitEngland figures, Windermere Lake Cruises ranks in the top ten list of paid for visitor attractions in England - with 1.3 million passenger journeys annually. Windermere itself is England’s largest natural lake and one of the most iconic locations in the Lake District, Cumbria.
The attraction will be highlighting major dates throughout 2013, including:
- Walkers Ticket launched, providing a ‘hop on, hop off’ option to take in one of the lake’s many picturesque walks. (February-November)
- Summer timetable launched (Easter)
- 75th birthday of MV Swan, one of Windermere’s three iconic steamers. Carrying up to 533 passengers, Swan is a member of the National Historic Fleet. (June)
- Summer Jazz Cruises with live entertainment and summer buffet (June-August)
- Sunset Cruises to take in the stunning sunsets across the lake (July/August)
- Ranger Boats including a special live commentary from a National Park ranger (July-September)
- Halloween ‘Ghost Ship’ featuring a ‘spooktacular’ theme (October)
- Santa Sailings for family-oriented festive fun (December)