Bringing your bike on board
Information on bringing your bike with you across Windemere
Bikes are welcome on many of our services and our boats are often a convenient way to access the quieter trails and roads around the Windermere lake-shore.
This page has important information to consider if you are bringing your bike with you.
Which routes can I bring my bike on?
- Bikes are welcome if there is space available
- Bikes cost £1 extra on the price of your ticket per journey
- Foot passengers take priority on this service, and our busiest times are from 1pm - 4pm.
- Sorry, no space for bikes on our smaller boats called 'launches'.
Windermere Bike Boat
Normally operates May - August. BACK IN 2022
The only dedicated boat for cyclists on Windermere between Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre on the eastern shore to Bark Barn on the quiet western shore.
- Bikes are welcome on this service
- 8 departures a day from either pier
- Cyclists have priority over foot passengers