Windermere Lake Cruises is a dog friendly attraction
Bring your 4-legged friend on all our cruises and self-drive boats
Dogs travel for free on all Windermere Lake Cruises' scheduled cruises . All we ask is that they are well-behaved and kept on a lead at all times.
Please note that:
- You don't have to mention your dog when booking online;
- Dogs are not allowed on seats;
- During very busy periods or when you're travelling with groups that are scared of dogs we may ask you to move your dog for the benefit of others;
- Dogs are allowed on our Summer Evening Buffet Cruise, but this cruise is 2½ hours in length and there are no dog toilets on board. The live music can be loud and the volume may be distressing to some animals;
- Looking for somewhere to eat? Dogs are also welcome in the Boatmans Cafe, Bowness and The Pier Cafe Bar, Ambleside;
- Dogs are also welcome at most attractions that our boats call at:
- Dogs are NOT allowed in Lakes Aquarium as they would upset the animals living there.
- Dogs are NOT allowed in Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories, but are allowed on the grounds and in the cafe
Self-Drive Boats & Rowing Boats
Dogs are welcome on all of our self-drive motor boats and rowing boats hired from Bowness and Ambleside but they must be kept on a lead at all times. Sadly some dogs have been lost by jumping into the water after swans/wildlife.