Presentation to Barrow & District Association of Engineers
Published: 17th September 2021
Presentation: Design & Construction of MV Swift
In September 2021, we were asked to present the story of MV Swift to the Barrow & District Association of Engineers. The presentation took place on 16 September at the Forum, Barrow and the slides are presented here. As well as tracing the history of the design and construction of the vessel, it included some behind-the-scenes tours of the engine room on board.
- Please note that this is a selection of slides and videos without narration and it is aimed at an engineering audience. A lot of the information is technical but hopefully of interest to anyone from an engineering/marine background.
- Watch the full presentation below (25 mins) or jump to highlights with the links below.
Selected highlights (links direct to YouTube)
- Thanks to Damen Shipyards for the project overview video included within the presentation
- Thanks to Rob Beale, Skipper of MV Swift for the engine room/bridge tours
- Thanks to the Barrow & District Association of Engineers for the opportunity to present
- Thanks to everyone who contributed video included within this presentation including John Woodburn, Lake Rangers and our colleagues
- Thanks to Purple Planet for the music included in this video