Combine Your Cruise With Local Attractions
Categories: Days Out
Windermere Lake Cruises is delighted to support other nearby attractions, working in collaboration with more businesses than ever before on combined discount offers for visitors.
Several award-winning family attractions are dotted right around England’s biggest lake, including Windermere Lake Cruises' sister-attraction The Lakeland Motor Museum.
About the Lakeland Motor Museum:
- Combine your visit to the museum with a ride on one of our historic 'Steamer' vessels (from Bowness to Lakeside)
- The museum has more than 30,000 exhibits on display, including cars, motorbikes, cycles and auto memorabilia.
- Enjoy the on-site cafe serving drinks and tasty snacks.
- Free coach and car parking
- Free shuttle bus to transport visitors to and from the museum and the Lakeside Pier
About the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway:
- Steam locomotives pull traditional 1950’s carriages through stunning Lakeland scenery
- 20 minute single train journey (Lakeside to Haverthwaite or Haverthwaite to Lakeside)
- Licensed restaurant at Haverthwaite Station
- Explore the engine sheds and woodland trail at Haverthwaite Station
- Children's play area
- Lakeside Station is a 1 minute walk from Lakeside pier
- Trains wait for connecting boats and boats wait for connecting trains
About the Lakes Aquarium:
- Take a journey beneath the waters of the world – from Lake Windermere to the Amazon River
- Incredible underwater tunnel and indoor/outdoor tanks
- Interactive Dive Bell
- Up to 10 daily talks for visitors
- Meet the creatures sessions and otter feeding
- Rockpool gift shop
- Coach drop off/pick up point
- 1 minute walk from Lakeside Railway Station and Lakeside Pier
About The World of Beatrix Potter:
- Explore Mr McGregor's garden and Peter Rabbit's other favourite places to cause mischief
- Explore Mr Todd's underground home
- Visit Mrs Tiggywinkle's kitchen
- Take a virtual walk through Beatrix Potter's countryside
- Take home a souvenir from the World of Beatrix Potter shop
The launch of Windermere Lake Cruises’ summer 2019 timetable also saw the addition of a new service to and from the Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories. Details are here.
About Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats Steam and Stories:
- A spectacular new museum on the shores of Windermere showcases the sights, smells and sounds of life on the lake.
- Steam launches, sailing yachts, motor boats and record-breaking speed boats are exhibited in the boathouse, on the water, and in the exhibition galleries.
- Live conservation workshop open every day – see the collection of historic boats painstakingly restored
- Our boats arrive directly outside the museum and the pier is a 1 minute walk from the museum entrance
- Lakeside cafe with spectacular views
...After an enjoyable day exploring the area, why not take our red cruise route and stop in Bowness for a Cruise and Shop?
You can access all those attractions from our Yellow Cruise:
- 40 minute ride on historic 'Steamer' vessel (from Bowness to Lakeside or Lakeside to Bowness).
- Full bar facilities on board serving hot drinks, alcohol and soft drinks and snacks.
- Inside and outside seating with stunning views over the Lakeland Fells
- Toilet facilities on board
- Free coach parking at Bowness Pier, Lakeside Pier or Haverthwaite Railway Station
- 90 minute return cruise option also available
All of the attractions listed above are accessible by boat and help to achieve our goal of encouraging passengers to leave their car behind and choose more sustainable methods of travel.
You can read even more about how to enjoy countless attractions around the lake, in our definitive guide right here.