Yellow Cruise & Steam Train
Enjoy a half lake cruise with a nostalgic train journey.
Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway have suspended online booking so you cannot pre-book this ticket.
Simply buy your tickets on the day from our pier ticket offices or from Haverthwaite Railway Station.
Bowness Pier ← ⛴ → Lakeside Pier/Station ← 🚂 → Haverthwaite Station
🕘 2 hours+ return / 70 minutes one way
- This ticket includes a scenic boat service between Bowness and Lakeside and a trip on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite heritage railway.
- Start from either Haverthwaite Railway Station, Lakeside Railway Station/Pier or Bowness Pier. You can do the boat or train portion of your journey first. Your ticket allows you get off at each stop and choose to get a later departure back. See options.
- Each boat service includes a fascinating commentary on the history, attractions and points of interest surrounding Windermere.
A great day out whichever pier you start at
Start from Bowness Pier
- Travel by boat from Bowness to Lakeside (40 mins), cross the platform (2 mins walk) and take the steam train from Lakeside to Haverthwaite Station (18 mins). Return by steam train from Haverthwaite to Lakeside and catch the boat back to Bowness.
Start from Haverthwaite Station
- Travel by steam train from Haverthwaite Station to Lakeside (18 mins), cross the platform (2 mins walk) and take the boat from Lakeside to Bowness (40mins). Return by boat from Bowness to Lakeside and catch the train back to Haverthwaite.
Start from Lakeside Pier/Station
- Boat first - Travel by boat from Lakeside Pier to Bowness (40 mins), explore Bowness and get a boat back to Lakeside Pier. Cross the platform (2 mins) to catch the steam train to Haverthwaite Station (18 mins).
- Steam train first - Travel by steam train from Lakeside Station to Haverthwaite Station (18 mins) and then get a return steam train back to Lakeside Pier. Cross the platform at Lakeside (2 mins) to catch the boat from Lakeside to Bowness (40 mins). Explore Bowness and get a boat back to Lakeside Pier (40 mins).
Get off and explore each stop
Whatever boat/train combination you choose, simply pick a later departure on each leg when booking to spend more time at each stop.
On the boat
- Choose between indoor, covered outdoor or fully outdoor seating when you board.
- Each boat has a fully stocked bar and snack-bar serving light refreshments.
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 27th March 2021 until Sunday 31st October 2021)
- Prices below are return fares