STARTS DAILY SERVICE THIS SUMMER
The Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway starts a daily service during the peak season from 23 March 2024. This ticket for summer 2024 will be made available soon.
Bowness Pier ← ⛴ → Lakeside Pier/Station ← 🚂 → Haverthwaite Station
🕘 2 hours+ return / 70 minutes one way
- This ticket includes a scenic boat service between Bowness and Lakeside and a trip on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite heritage railway.
- Start from Lakeside Railway Station/Pier or Bowness Pier*. You can do the boat or train portion of your journey first. Your ticket allows you get off at each stop and choose to get a later departure back. See options.
- Each boat service includes a fascinating commentary on the history, attractions and points of interest surrounding Windermere.
*You can start from Haverthwaite Station, just purchase your tickets on the day from Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway - no online joint tickets
A great day out whichever pier you start at
Start from Bowness Pier
- Travel by boat from Bowness to Lakeside (40 mins), cross the platform (2 mins walk) and take the steam train from Lakeside to Haverthwaite Station (18 mins). Return by steam train from Haverthwaite to Lakeside and catch the boat back to Bowness.
Start from Haverthwaite Station
- Please note you can't use this online ticket to start from Haverthwaite Station. To start from Haverthwaite, simply purchase your ticket from their ticket office on the day. Travel by steam train to Lakeside (18 mins) & cross the platform to catch your boat to Bowness (40 mins). Spend some time in Bowness, before re-tracing your steps via boat and then train to Haverthwaite.
Start from Lakeside Pier/Station
- Boat first - Travel by boat from Lakeside Pier to Bowness (40 mins), explore Bowness and get a boat back to Lakeside Pier. Cross the platform (2 mins) to catch the steam train to Haverthwaite Station (18 mins).
- Steam train first - Travel by steam train from Lakeside Station to Haverthwaite Station (18 mins) and then get a return steam train back to Lakeside Pier. Cross the platform at Lakeside (2 mins) to catch the boat from Lakeside to Bowness (40 mins). Explore Bowness and get a boat back to Lakeside Pier (40 mins).
Get off and explore each stop
Whatever boat/train combination you choose, simply pick a later departure on each leg when booking to spend more time at each stop.
On the boat
- Choose between indoor, covered outdoor or fully outdoor seating when you board.
- Each boat has a fully stocked bar and snack-bar serving light refreshments.
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Monday 30th October 2023 until Friday 22nd March 2024)
- Prices below are return fares
- Book your tickets by selecting a date in the 'Book Your Cruise' box below.