Local Residents' Card
A great card for locals living in Cumbria and north Lancashire
COVID-19 Update - May 2021
Returning to a normal service
Please keep checking back, as we hope to re-introduce the scheme soon allowing you discounts on all of our cruises, all year round.
💳 No card, but living in an LA/CA Postcode?
Complete our application form and send it in.
How the card works (for when we re-start in full)
If you love Windermere and live locally, you can enjoy great discounts on both Windermere Lake Cruises services and entry to the Lakeland Motor Museum with a Local Residents Discount Card.
- The Local Residents Discount Card is completely free of charge
- Card holders can enjoy 50% off at both attractions between October 1 and May 1; and 20% off at all other times*
- Anyone who lives in Cumbria and the Lancaster City Council district (includes Morecambe) with postcodes starting with LA or CA can apply
- Lancaster University and University of Cumbria students are also eligible - just bring your students union card with you
*Offer applies to all scheduled sailings (does not include Summer Evening Buffet Cruises or other special events)
Getting a card is easy:
- Online - simply fill the form below & bring proof that you live in a LA or CA postcode, like a recent utility bill, when you first use the card.
- In the post - Complete the registration form and send it to us with a stamped self-addressed envelope and a photocopy of a recent bill showing your address.
- In person - You can apply for a residents card at any of our ticket offices. Simply bring proof that you live in a LA or CA postcode, like a recent utility bill.
Your card can be used when purchasing tickets at any of our ticket offices at Bowness, Ambleside (Waterhead) and Lakeside Piers or at the Lakeland Motor Museum. Apologies, but at present we do not have systems in place to allow the card to be used when booking tickets online.
This card can also be used to get 30% discount off any adult or child ticket at Lakes Aquarium.
Our full terms and conditions are on our application form.
If you’ve lost your card – or even had it stolen, we’ll replace it free of charge at our ticket offices when you provide proof of local residency.
(Please note, processing your card will be quicker for our ticket office staff during quieter times of day and when passengers are not queuing to board one of our vessels)