Freedom of the Lake, Motor Museum & Aquarium
Explore the lake, motoring heritage and the natural world in one easy ticket.
This discounted ticket combines a day's worth of boat travel on Windermere with a visit to two top attractions just minutes from Lakeside Pier. It's a great day out for the whole family and combines stunning views from the water and a fascinating insight into the heritage and wildlife of the local area.
You should allow yourself at least 6 hours to make the most of this combined ticket.
Your ticket includes:
- Unlimited travel on board any of our boats for 24 hours including the Red Cruise, Green Cruise, Blue (Islands) Cruise and the Yellow Cruise to Lakeside Pier thats convenient for the Aquarium and Motor Museum. This ticket is the most economical way of visiting these attractions by boat if travelling from our Ambleside (Waterhead) PIer.
- A visit to the fascinating Lakes Aquarium to discover incredible creatures from otters and diving ducks to piranha and pike. There's events on every day including 'meet the creature' sessions. Find out more on their website.
- Free shuttle bus linking the Lakeland Motor Museum with Lakeside Pier (10 minute journey)
- A visit to the Lakeland Motor Museum - home to a collection of over 30,000 cars, motorcycles, scooters, cycles and auto memorabilia. Highlights include a Campbell Bluebird exhibition, Vincent motorcycle display and an Isle of Man TT display. There's something for the whole family with a riverside cafe, local heritage and period shopping displays. Find out more on their website.
How to buy:
- Book your cruise/combined ticket by entering a date below and following the payment instructions
- You'll be sent an email voucher after purchase via our safe and secure website
- Print off the email voucher and bring it to with you on the day to exchange it for your tickets
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 24th March 2018 until Sunday 28th October 2018)
- Prices below are return fares
- Book a ticket in advance by selecting a date in the 'Book Your Cruise' box below.
- Tickets for today must be purchased at one of our booking offices
Valid for children aged 5 - 15. Under 5's travel free.
Family tickets are valid for 2 adults and 3 children.
This ticket is available all year round, but there are some restrictions on travel during some parts of the year:
- A shuttle bus to/from the museum links up with every 'steamer' arrival/departure from Lakeside Pier. Download a handy shuttle bus timetable here.
- The yellow cruise to Lakeside Pier, Aquarium & Museum operates weekends only in January.
- The Lakes Aquarium charges entry for 3 and 4 year olds.
- Buy online & get over £40 worth of discount vouchers to use at local businesses.