Freedom of the Lake, Motor Museum & Aquarium
Explore the lake, motoring heritage and the natural world in one easy ticket.
In order for us to maintain social-distancing and keep everyone on board safe, this cruise has been temporarily closed.
Cruises with Social-distancing
This discounted ticket combines a day's worth of boat travel on Windermere with a visit to two top attractions just minutes from Lakeside Pier. It's a great day out for the whole family and combines stunning views from the water and a fascinating insight into the heritage and wildlife of the local area.
You should allow yourself at least 6 hours to make the most of this combined ticket.
Your ticket includes:
Unlimited travel on board any of our boats for 24 hours including the Red Cruise, Green Cruise, Blue (Islands) Cruise and the Yellow Cruise to Lakeside Pier that's convenient for the Aquarium and Motor Museum. This ticket is the most economical way of visiting these attractions by boat if travelling from our Ambleside (Waterhead) Pier.
A visit to the fascinating Lakes Aquarium to discover incredible creatures from otters and diving ducks to piranha and pike. There are events on every day including 'meet the creature' sessions.
Free shuttle bus linking the Lakeland Motor Museum with Lakeside Pier (10 minute journey)
A visit to the Lakeland Motor Museum - home to a collection of over 30,000 cars, motorcycles, scooters, cycles and auto memorabilia. Highlights include a Campbell Bluebird exhibition, Vincent motorcycle display and an Isle of Man TT display. There's something for the whole family with a riverside cafe, local heritage and period shopping displays.
How to buy:
- Book your cruise/combined ticket by entering a date below and following the payment instructions
- You'll be sent an email voucher after purchase via our safe and secure website
- Print off the email voucher/show it on your phone on the day to exchange it for your tickets
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 4th April 2020 until Sunday 1st November 2020)
- Prices below are return fares
This ticket is available all year round, but there are some restrictions on travel during some parts of the year:
- A shuttle bus to/from the museum links up with every 'steamer' arrival/departure from Lakeside Pier. Download a handy shuttle bus timetable here.
- The yellow cruise to Lakeside Pier, Aquarium & Museum operates weekends only in January.
- The Lakes Aquarium charges entry for 3 and 4 year olds.
- Buy online & get over £40 worth of discount vouchers to use at local businesses.