Freedom of the Lake, Steam Train & Aquarium
Explore the lake and picturesque Levens Valley via boat and train with a visit to the Lakes Aquarium.
This discounted ticket combines a day's worth of boat travel on Windermere with a visit to two top attractions just minutes from Lakeside Pier. It's a great day out for the whole family and combines stunning views from the water, and a fascinating insight into the heritage and wildlife of the local area.
You should allow yourself at least 6 hours to make the most of this combined ticket.
Your ticket includes:
- Unlimited travel on board any of our boats for 24 hours including the Red Cruise, Green Cruise, Blue (Islands) Cruise and the Yellow Cruise to Lakeside Pier thats convenient for the Aquarium and Motor Museum. This ticket is the most economical way of visiting these attractions by boat if travelling from our Ambleside (Waterhead) PIer.
- A visit to the fascinating Lakes Aquarium to discover incredible creatures from otters and diving ducks to piranha and pike. There's events on every day including 'meet the creature' sessions. Find out more on their website.
- A return ticket on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway offering stunning views of the Leven Valley from its historic carriages. Haverthwaite Station has a visitor's centre, gift shop and playground. Lakeside station is a one minute walk from the pier. Find out more on their website.
- Please note that the train journey can only be taken on the day that the tickets are redeemed. Only the boat travel is valid for the full 24 hours.
How to buy:
- Book your cruise/combined ticket by entering a date below and following the payment instructions
- You'll be sent an email voucher after purchase via our safe and secure website
- Print off the email voucher and bring it to with you on the day to exchange it for your tickets
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 24th March 2018 until Sunday 28th October 2018)
- Prices below are return fares
- Book a ticket in advance by selecting a date in the 'Book Your Cruise' box below.
- Tickets for today must be purchased at one of our booking offices
Valid for children aged 5 - 15. Under 5's travel free.
Family tickets are valid for 2 adults and 3 children.
This ticket is available all year round, but there are some restrictions on travel during some parts of the year:
- The Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway operates only during the peak summer season
- The yellow cruise to Lakeside Pier, Aquarium & Lakeside Railway Station operates weekends only in January.
- The Lakes Aquarium charges entry for 3 and 4 year olds.