Access & Facilities
♿ Disabled Access
Four different types of vessels operate our services with varying accessibility.
- ♿ MV Swift - (marked with a green wheelchair icon on our timetables): our most accessible vessel - step-free access from pier to indoor/outdoor seating & accessible toilet
- ♿ 'Steamers' MV Swan/Teal - (marked with black wheelchair icon on our timetables) - step-free access from pier to indoor/outdoor seating. Toilets down steep steps.
- ❌ 'Steamer' Tern & modern launches like Miss Cumbria/Miss Lakeland - are not recommended for customers with limited mobility
- ❌ Traditional wooden launches like Queen of the Lake - are not recommended for customers with limited mobility
Please visit our Accessibility section for more information.
Wheelchair users are strongly advised to call us to confirm which vessel is operating on which service, particularly in poor weather conditions. As on rare occasions, the vessels operating each route can change.
🧑🦽 Carer goes free policy
If a disabled adult in your group needs a carer, then the carer travels free. For more information about this scheme and to see all the terms and conditions, please read our company policy for disabled passengers.
☕ On-Board Facilities
- MV Swift - ☕ 🍺🍷🥪Full bar with hot/cold drinks, draught beer/lager & sandwiches/snacks | 🚾Toilets including accessible toilet | 💺Indoor & outdoor seats
- 'Steamers' Swan/Teal/Tern - ☕ 🍺🍷🥪 Full bar with hot/cold drinks, draught beer/lager & sandwiches/snacks | 🚾 Multiple toilets | 💺 Indoor & outdoor seats
- Launches like Miss Cumbria/Miss Lakeland - ☕🍾 Bottle bar with hot/cold drinks/snacks | 🚾 Single toilets | 💺 Indoor & outdoor seats
- Traditional wooden launches - 💺 Indoor & outdoor seats
🎫 Conditions of Carriage
Our services are provided in accordance with our Conditions of Carriage.
🚭 No Smoking Policy
For the safety and comfort of all passengers and crew, Windermere Lake Cruises Ltd operates a no smoking policy on-board its vessels, piers and shore premises. This includes electronic cigarettes.
All well behaved dogs are welcome on board and travel for free.
Bikes are welcome on board our larger vessels if space is available. Each bike will cost £1 per journey pier to pier payable on the day of travel.