Freedom of the Lake, Steam Train & Motor Museum
Explore our Lakeland heritage on historic 'steamers', railways and at the motor museum
Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway have suspended online booking so you cannot pre-book this ticket.
This discounted ticket combines a day's worth of boat travel on Windermere with a visit to two top attractions just minutes from Lakeside Pier. It's a great day out for the whole family and combines stunning views from the water, and a fascinating insight into our 'steamer' vessels and our proud rail and road heritage.
You should allow yourself at least 7 hours to make the most of this combined ticket and see all of Windermere.
Your ticket includes:
- Unlimited travel on board any of our boats for 24 hours including the Red Cruise, Green Cruise, Blue (Islands) Cruise and the Yellow Cruise to Lakeside Pier thats convenient for the Steam Railway and Motor Museum. This ticket is the most economical way of visiting these attractions by boat if travelling from our Ambleside (Waterhead) PIer.
- A visit to the Lakeland Motor Museum - home to a collection of over 30,000 cars, motorcycles, scooters, cycles and auto memorabilia. Highlights include a Campbell Bluebird exhibition, Vincent motorcycle display and an Isle of Man TT display. There's something for the whole family with a riverside cafe, local heritage and period shopping displays. Find out more on their website. You can visit the museum up to 5 days after your cruise.
- A return ticket on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway offering stunning views of the Leven Valley from its historic carriages. Haverthwaite Station has a visitor's centre, gift shop and playground. Lakeside station is a one minute walk from the pier. Find out more on their website.
- Please note that the train journey can only be taken on the day that the tickets are redeemed. Only the boat travel is valid for the full 24 hours.
Standard Ticket Prices (valid from Saturday 2nd April 2022 until Sunday 30th October 2022)
- Prices below are return fares
- This ticket is only available in the summer (Easter - October) when the steam train is operating regularly. A limited service operates at other times of the year, see their website for details.