Freedom of the Lake, Steam Train & Motor Museum
Explore our Lakeland heritage on historic 'steamers', railways and at the motor museum
This ticket is available for 4 April 2020 onwards.
This ticket is only available during our peak summer season (April - end of October) and isn't running at the moment.
The information below is for reference only and for booking tickets from 4 April 2020 onwards.
This discounted ticket combines a day's worth of boat travel on Windermere with a visit to two top attractions just minutes from Lakeside Pier. It's a great day out for the whole family and combines stunning views from the water, and a fascinating insight into our 'steamer' vessels and our proud rail and road heritage.
You should allow yourself at least 7 hours to make the most of this combined ticket and see all of Windermere.
Your ticket includes:
- Unlimited travel on board any of our boats for 24 hours including the Red Cruise, Green Cruise, Blue (Islands) Cruise and the Yellow Cruise to Lakeside Pier thats convenient for the Steam Railway and Motor Museum. This ticket is the most economical way of visiting these attractions by boat if travelling from our Ambleside (Waterhead) PIer.
- Free shuttle bus linking the Lakeland Motor Museum with Lakeside Pier (10 minute journey)
- A visit to the Lakeland Motor Museum - home to a collection of over 30,000 cars, motorcycles, scooters, cycles and auto memorabilia. Highlights include a Campbell Bluebird exhibition, Vincent motorcycle display and an Isle of Man TT display. There's something for the whole family with a riverside cafe, local heritage and period shopping displays. Find out more on their website.
- A return ticket on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway offering stunning views of the Leven Valley from its historic carriages. Haverthwaite Station has a visitor's centre, gift shop and playground. Lakeside station is a one minute walk from the pier. Find out more on their website.
- Please note that the train journey can only be taken on the day that the tickets are redeemed. Only the boat travel is valid for the full 24 hours.
How to buy:
- Book your cruise/combined ticket by entering a date below and following the payment instructions.
- You'll be sent an email voucher after purchase via our safe and secure website.
- Print off the email voucher and bring it to with you on the day to exchange it for your tickets.
- This ticket is only available in the summer (Easter - October) when the steam train is operating regularly. A limited service operates at other times of the year, see their website for details.
- A shuttle bus to/from the museum links up with every 'steamer' arrival/departure from Lakeside Pier. Download a handy 1 page shuttle bus timetable.
- Buy online & get over £40 worth of discount vouchers to use at local businesses.