Museums of Transport
Two great museums connected by a stunning scenic cruise on Windermere.
All year apart from week days in January
This package includes:
- A visit to the Lakeland Motor Museum
- One way half-lake cruise on Windermere - Yellow Cruise
(Lakeside to Bowness or Bowness to Lakeside) 40 minutes in duration.
Return journeys or full lake cruises are also available.
- One way cruise from Bowness to Windermere Jetty - Red Cruise
- A visit to Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories
- See our recommended itinerary.
More information about this package
About your Yellow Cruise on Lake Windermere
- 40 minute ride on historic 'Steamer' vessel (from Bowness to Lakeside or Lakeside to Bowness).
- Full bar facilities on board serving hot drinks, alcohol and soft drinks and snacks.
- Inside and outside seating with stunning views over the Lakeland Fells
- Toilet facilities on board
- Free coach parking at Bowness Pier, Lakeside Pier or Haverthwaite Railway Station
- 90 minute return cruise option also available
About the Lakeland Motor Museum
- Home to over 30,000 exhibits including classic cars, motorcycles, scooters and automobilia.
- Museum includes the Campbell Bluebird Speed-kings exhibition tracing the history of the record-breaking family.
- Special Isle of Man TT display and John McGuinness exhibit on the first floor
- Lots more including pedal cars, toys, a recreated high street and Leven Valley historical exhibits
- Complementary education packs and a quiz/medal for every child
- Stunning riverside location with a cafe on site that is open all day
About your Red Cruise on Lake Windermere
- Board your modern launch from Bowness for the brief 10 minute journey to Windermere Jetty Museum
- Stunning views from the heated inner and outer viewing decks
- Facilities on board include toilets and small cafe/bar
About Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories
- A spectacular new museum on the shores of Windermere showcases the sights, smells and sounds of life on the lake.
- Steam launches, sailing yachts, motor boats and record-breaking speed boats are exhibited in the boathouse, on the water, and in the exhibition galleries.
- Live conservation workshop open every day – see the collection of historic boats painstakingly restored
- Our boats arrive directly outside the museum and the pier is a 1 minute walk from the museum entrance
- Lakeside cafe with spectacular views
Prices (Valid until 31 March 2024)
Prices for this group package (20+ people) are as follows:
How to book
- One call books it all!
- Book your group of 20 or more at all three attractions by calling us on 015394 43360 or click on live chat below.
- No obligation or payment required when booking, simply pay on the day you arrive.
Practical Information for Tour/Group Leaders
See our practical information page for information on coach parking, toilets, facilities and more.
This package for groups can be done in any order, but for ease, we'd recommend:
- 🚌 Coach drop-off at Lakeside Motor Museum with free parking
- 🏛 Visit Lakeland Motor Museum
- 🚌 Coach takes group to Lakeside Pier
- 🚢 Take boat to Bowness (Yellow Cruise)
- 🚢 Change for boat to Windermere Jetty (Red Cruise) - max wait 15mins
- 🏛 Visit Windermere Jetty Museum
- 🚌 Coach pick-up from outside musuem